In this practical book, Kathy Slattengren, parenting expert and author of award-winning Priceless Parenting’s online parenting classes, offers healthy parenting strategies. Using these ideas will help your children blossom – growing into their best selves.
You will learn parenting approaches that work well based on research and use in actual families. Key elements for guiding and encouraging your kids are explained using real-life stories. You’ll also discover parenting techniques to avoid – tempting though they may be!
When you put in place these best practices, you can expect a lot more joy and a lot less yelling and nagging.
Raising Kids Who Blossom
covers a wide range of topics. You'll find parenting advice for things like:
- getting your kids to respond the first time you ask
- guiding your children to solve their own problems
- standing firm without arguing
- helping your kids develop habits to succeed in school
- setting limits on digital media usage
- giving your children appropriate responsibility
- noticing red flag behaviors that indicate serious problems
- defining and practicing your family’s top moral values
- practicing essential, stress reducing self-care
- following your parenting intuition
Questions at the end of each section help you determine how to use the ideas with your own family.
The book includes 20 positive approaches for responding to your children’s misbehavior. Since each child is different, you’ll be able to find a response that works best for you.
You’ll also learn how to help your kids build life skills. These skills will allow them to successfully launch as capable young adults. Whether your kids are toddlers or teens, you’ll be helping them grow into responsible, caring people.
Parenting can be a pleasure or a pain. When you have the right tools, you will experience more pleasure. Raising Kids Who Blossom
gives you tools for effectively handling day-to-day struggles. This book will help you guide your kids to blossom into their own beautiful, brilliance!