Calm, Confident Parenting: 6-Week Parenting Classes
Even when you know how you'd ideally like your family to operate, it can be challenging to make those intentions a reality.
You don't want to yell at your kids, yet you find yourself yelling. You want your kids to treat you with respect, yet you struggle with this. You want to be on the same parenting page as your spouse and yet you have very different approaches with the kids.
Raising kids is not easy. In these classes we'll explore ideas that can save your sanity and pave a path to a joyful family life. You'll have time to ask questions about specific challenges you are facing.
What happens in the the classes?
Each week a different parenting topic will be discussed as shown below. There will also be opportunity to discuss your current parenting struggles
and explore possible solutions. The lessons conclude with ideas to try at home with your own children.
Parenting Kids Ages 1 to 12
1. Meeting Your Children’s Developmental Needs and Raising Them to Achieve Their Best
2. Responding to Stressful Parenting Situations While Avoiding Power Struggles
3. Responding to Misbehavior in Ways that Help Children Learn Without Adding Fuel
to the Fire
4. Guiding Children in Learning To Resolve Their Own Conflicts
5. Understanding Your Natural Parenting Style and Modifying It to Meet Your Children's
6. Protecting Children From Dangerous People and Situations, Teaching Them
How to Keep Themselves Safe
Parenting Kids Ages 13 to 18
1. Preparing Your Teen to Successfully Launch
2. Understanding Parenting Styles and Their Effects on Teens
3. Anger and Consequences versus Empathy and Solutions
4. Turning Power Struggles into Mutual Agreements
5. Successfully Handling Crucial Conversations with Teens
6. Guiding Teens to Staying Safe Online and In-Person
(additional class resources
Class instructor, Kathy Slattengren, M. Ed.,
has helped thousands of parents, teachers
and childcare providers from across the United States to Australia through her online
classes, presentations, coaching and book
Raising Kids Who Blossom: Priceless Parenting For Healthy Growth
excitedly report their success in replacing yelling and threatening with calm, confident
parenting. When your children’s behavior is really pushing your buttons, discover
ways to set effective limits, invite cooperation and have a lot more fun together!
Class Participants Rave!
“Take a class with Kathy and you'll learn to guide your children in positive ways. I wish I had taken her class when my kids were young instead of waiting until they were teens."
- Dana Dawes, Seattle, WA
“It is so easy to be upset at your kids and have a negative response to their bad
behavior, this class gave us many tips on responding positively in difficult situations.
Kathy clearly explains how this positive response can only help forge a solid long-term
relationship with your children."
- Nathalie, Bellevue, WA
"I enjoyed Kathy's casual teaching style and sense of humor. The many examples she used from her own life and those of other parents helped clarify how to apply the lessons to my own life."
- Patty, Seattle, WA
“I am much more calm. I haven’t ranted into a lecture in a while. I’ve learned these
problems are not mine so why worry. My kids are actually taking more responsibility
- Tracy, Woodinville, WA
Where can these classes be held?
These classes can be held at your school, church, home or office.
What is the cost?
The cost for the six week series is $2250. If you prefer to have Priceless Parenting charge individual parents, the cost is $200/parent or $350/couple with a minimum of 12 parents.
Additional travel fees: free if less than 10 miles from UW Bothell, 10 - 19 miles = $50, 20 - 29 = $75, 30 - 39 = $100 (contact for quote if more than 40 miles or requires ferry boat)
How do I schedule a class?
Please email us
or call 425-770-1629 to schedule your parenting classes.