Priceless Parenting's Approach
Priceless Parenting helps you create a warm, loving home where your children can blossom. Your kids behave well because they want to not because they are afraid of you.
When your kids are struggling, you find solutions to the underlying problems rather than simply punishing them.
One parent wrote "I want to be able to think on my feet when the struggles happen and not just react. I want to stop yelling because I know it doesn't work."
Priceless Parenting prepares you for responding to your kids' behavior - without hitting, yelling, bribing or threatening.
You help your kids learn from their mistakes so that they are making wise decisions as young as possible.
Does our parenting approach fit your beliefs and values?
You want a parenting approach that fits your beliefs and has been proven to work. We’ve spent years reviewing the parenting
research and literature uncovering the “best of the best” in parenting concepts. You'll learn ideas that have stood
the test of time and worked well for millions of parents.
This approach does not mean that kids are allowed to get by with unacceptable behavior. It does mean that when your kids misbehave, you know how to set effective limits in a way that does not add fuel to the fire. You know how to help them learn so that they can make better choices in the future.
Where have these golden nuggets of research-based parenting ideas come from?
The parenting ideas which form the foundation of our approach are from people like …
- Dr. Alfred Adler (Psychotherapist and founder of the school of individual psychology in the early 1900’s, established importance of people having a sense of belonging and meaning in their lives)
- Dr. Becky Bailey (Founder of Conscious Discipline)
- Dr. Mike Bradley (Psychologist and author specializing in treating teens who are acting out)
- Dr. Brené Brown (Researcher on shame and vulnerability)
- Dr. Hilaire Cash (Researcher on internet, video game addiction)
- Dr. John Gottman (Founder of The Gottman Relationship Institute)
- Dr. Ross Greene (Psychiatrist and developer of the Collaborative Problem Solving as an effective process for working with children who have challenging behavior)
- Dr. Alan Kazdin (Professor of Psychology and Child Psychiatry at Yale University and director of the Yale Parenting Center and Child Conduct Clinic)
- Dr. John Medina (Brain researcher and author of Brain Rules for Babies)
- Dr. Jane Nelsen (Founder of Positive Discipline)
- Dr. Bruce Perry (Psychiatrist and researcher on children effected by trauma)
- Dr. William Sears, Barbara Nicholson, Lysa Parker (Attachment Parenting)
- Dr. Dan Siegel (Psychiatrist and Executive Director of the Mindsight Institute)
- Dr. Anthony E. Wolf (Child psychologist and author)
Often these parenting experts are saying similar things in different ways. We pull all the critical ideas together in a way that makes sense.
The concepts you’ll learn have been used by Priceless Parenting founder, Kathy Slattengren, and her husband in raising their own two children. Slattengren’s Masters of Education Degree in Curriculum and Instruction has helped her synthesize the key parenting concepts in ways that are easy to quickly grasp. You will hear stories from real families that bring the research concepts to life.
When you learn how to respond to your children’s challenging behavior, parenting is so much easier. Parents from across the United States to Canada, England and Australia
report great results from using these ideas with their own kids
What is your preferred way of learning?
Whether you want to take an online parenting class
, attend a parenting
get personal coaching
the information is easy to access. If you just want to dip your toes in, you can start by signing up for our monthly parenting tips newsletter
If you want a good parenting map - one that points out where the drop-offs are located, when a sharp curve is approaching and when an icy surface may cause a serious
accident, start today with an online parenting class
Your job is to give your kids all the skills they need to successfully launch on their own - no small task! Priceless Parenting is here to help
you and your family do your best.