Getting Kids To Sleep
How much sleep should your child ideally be getting? These are the recommendations from the
National Sleep Foundation
The American Academy of Pediatrics also has specific recommendations for infant sleep safety
||Hours of Sleep Each Day
Children who are not getting enough sleep may exhibit behavior like:
- being cranky
- having poor impulse control
- being hyperactive
- having trouble retaining information
- experiencing difficulty focusing
Tips for Getting Better Sleep
These ideas increase the likelihood your child will sleep better:
1. Avoid screen time for at least one hour before going to sleep.
2. Avoid late naps and caffeine.
3. Keep TVs, cellphones and other electronics out of kids' bedrooms.
4. Create a peaceful sleep environment: night light, soft music/sounds, comfortable clothes
5. Keep a consistent bedtime. Overly tired kids have more trouble falling asleep.
6. Establish a bedtime routine
: cleaning up, putting on pajamas, reading a story, saying good night.
Music and Meditation To Help Kids Go To Sleep
These are a couple examples of meditations and music which may help your children go to sleep. You can locate more videos
like these by following their Youtube links.