Where's the manual for this kid?
Unfortunately children do not come with an owner's manual to tell parents how to handle the tough situations without breaking a sweat!
However, there is a universal body of research and knowledge about how effective parents raise respectful, responsible children.
The How To Parent In
Ways That Are Truly Helpful, Not Hurtful
book captures this knowledge. Practical ideas for building a positive family life are presented through real parenting stories.
The book contains bite sized parenting ideas which are both healthy and easy to digest!
What are some of the things I'll learn in this book?
Chapter 1: Guiding and Encouraging Children
Chapter 2: Parenting Behaviors to Avoid
- Creating a positive tone in your home
- Identifying conversation roadblocks you may unintentionally be using
- Learning a process for guiding children to solving their own problems
Chapter 3: Responding Positively to Misbehavior
- Replacing yelling at children with calmer responses
- Understanding problems caused by bribing children
- Finding out how to avoid food battles
Chapter 4: Building Your Kid's Life Skills
- Learning how to get children to respond the first time you make a request.
- Discovering how to stay out of power struggles.
- Exploring how to shape the desired behaviors you want.
Chapter 5: Leading Your Family with Your Best Parenting
- Developing habits to succeed in school
- Helping children figure out how to fit in
- Replacing negative self talk with positive thoughts
- Guilty Pleasures or Essential, Stress Reducing Self-Care?
- Habitually Responding in Helpful Ways to Parenting Situations
- Successfully Tackling Touchy Topics